Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Samples


The first photo is made late at night while attempting to embroider my shell symbol with the buttonhole stitch. Some parts of it I like and others I don't which means back to drawing board and see how I can improve this.


Here you can see my first attempt of cutwork. Leafs are also one of the symbols I would like to use later on. The veins are a bit twisting around and I can't decide whether I like this or not. Made another one to find out if I could straighten them up a bit.



This is the second one and some of the veins are a bit more straight but still not totally. From the book of Margaret Rowan I learned what I have done wrong. The silly thing is that at this point I don't know if I want to use that different method, somehow I also like the movement and to get them totally straight, I don't know. The second leaf I backed with some fabric which is totally not associated with leafs to give it some 'personality'.

Time to start pondering again.

Elizabeth


2 comments:

Maggi said...

I do like the buttonhole work and agree with you that the twist in the veins is very organic.

lheurebleue said...

prachtig gedaan!